/* Magenet Universal Plugin code */ Philin's Blog: Uncle passed away

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Uncle passed away

My aunt's hubby, or 'ah tiau' has passed away on Monday night. He's in his late seventies and this shouldn't have happened had the doctors at the General Hospital been more reactive and attended to his illness immediately. On Sunday night, he complained of pain in his right chest and every 2 to 3 months, he has blood test done and everything was normal. But on that day, they discovered that he has anemia and low blood pressure. Well, due to the incompetency of the doctors at GH, he could not be saved on time and passed on. My aunt, naturally was very disheartened that a simple symptom like this could cause death due to delay. Had they been rich or have insurance covered, they would have gone to a private hospital where care is more personalized and professional. I remember the good times we spent together when I was young and my uncle was the one who arranged with his nephew pilot to have me seated in the cock pit en route to Singapore for my junior college scholarship studies. I could not attend the funeral tomorrow but I wish him divine mercy and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...