/* Magenet Universal Plugin code */ Philin's Blog: Gold Investment for Retirement

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gold Investment for Retirement

I am thinking of investing in shares but with a full time job, I just don’t have the time to keep track of the share market movements or check out blogs and news daily on events that might affect the prices. Professional stock investors analyse the volume spread, technical analysis, fundamental analysis, Elliot Wave, etc. To have a good peace of mind, I decided to buy government bonds and investing in gold by opening a Gold Investment Account (GIA) through Public Bank. I may earn less, but at least I don’t have the headache to keep track of the stock movements every moment of my life.

My wealthy uncle in Singapore also buy gold coins and give out to us during festive occasions like Chinese New Year. Now I have a small collection of gold jewellery and a gold coin - all collected since I was small. Gold is a good hedge against inflation which is about 4% per year. And for the last 10 years, the price of gold has been increasing steadily from only RM20 a gram in 1970s to over RM120 a gram now. So for those who have invested in gold, would have made a handsome profit now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...